Eye Conditions Treated At Wear Eyewear In Chicago and Orland Park
Wear Eyewear can help you avoid or manage a wide range of eye and vision conditions, from eye exams that detect sight-robbing diseases early to medications, corrective lenses and other treatment methods. Your optometrist, Dr. Jones or Dr. Wozny, can help you with such common conditions as:
- Glaucoma - Glaucoma is a condition that causes permanent vision loss due to high fluid pressure in the eye that destroys the optic nerves. Your eye doctor can detect this problem in an eye exam, prescribing eye drops and/or oral medication to help normalize your eye pressure.
- Diabetic Retinopathy - Diabetes-related damage to the eye's blood vessels -- and their haphazard replacement with weak, leaky blood vessels -- can cause permanent vision loss and intraocular bleeding. By catching this disease early, we can alert you to the need to get your blood sugar under control. Injectable medications may stop the formation of abnormal blood vessels.
- Macular Degeneration - Macular degeneration can rob your of your central field of vision by doing irreversible damage to the macula. We can recommend lifestyle and dietary modifications to help minimize the progress of macular degeneration. Your optometrist may also be able to stop the advanced form of the disease from producing leaky blood vessels that bleed into the eye (as in diabetic retinopathy).
- Cataracts - Cataracts are cloudy-looking clumps of proteins that cause the lens of the eye to lose its transparency. This causes low or blurred vision, visual "starburst" or "halo" effects around lights, reduced color vision and potential blindness if untreated. Your eye doctor can watch your cataract development closely and prescribe corrective lenses to help optimize your vision until the time comes to replace the lens surgically. Our optometry clinic can then co-manage that surgery, which restores clear vision in the affected eye quickly and easily.
- Refractive Errors - Refractive errors are abnormalities in the shape of the eye or cornea that can make you farsighted, nearsighted or astigmatic. (A lens problem called presbyopia can effectively make you farsighted and nearsighted at the same time!) Our optometry center can compensate for these refractive errors by prescribing the ideal eyeglasses or contact lenses to correct your vision. We can also co-manage LASIK surgery for lens-free refractive error correction if you're a good candidate for that procedure.
- Dry Eye - Dry eye is abnormal tear volume or tear composition that produces redness, itchiness, a gritty feeling in the eye, blurry vision and (if untreated) possible corneal damage. Your eye doctor can discover the cause of your dry eye and recommend the right set of remedies to combat it.
- Pink Eye - Pink eye (conjunctivitis) is an eye membrane inflammation that causes a pinkish appearance, itching, eyelid swelling and eye discharge. We can prescribe the right form of treatment for your particular kind of pink eye, from antibiotics to home remedies.
Call Our Chicago or Orland Park Optometry Office
The best way to protect yourself against many of these conditions is through regular eye exams. Schedule your eye exam today by calling our Chicago or Orland Park optometry office!